Monday, November 20, 2006

In Dreams

Have you ever had one of those dreams after which you question the complete fuckwittedness of your psyche?

I'm in some kind of hospital/institutional corridor with a bunch of people from college. Not my friends mind you, but those semi-random folks on the outskirts of your inner circle who you never actually liked (and actually sometimes actively disliked) and haven't seen or spoken to since senior year. You know the ones.

Anyway, everyone is involved in some kind of Laguna Beach-style reality show and there are cameras and wide-eyed onlookers watching our every move. But all we're doing is standing around talking. I somehow end up sort of "together" with JG, a young man who for the four years I was forced to interact with him went down in my esteem each and every time I found myself in the same room with him. (This description makes it seem like I was a bitch in college but in truth I was still pretty shy - I'm just now really beginning to overcome lifelong shyness thank you to law school and courtroom experience.) So, JG and I are catching up on each other's lives and somehowend up MAKING OUT in front of the cameras and onlookers, whose presence I hadn't noticed until they started with the obligatory "Ooooohs."

THEN, the group starts roaming the hallways (still have no idea where we are) and I enter a room where I find my "best friend" (in the dream) lying in a bed looking sickly and pale. And who is my best friend you ask? Well, none other than MEREDITH FROM GREY'S ANATOMY. Yes, that's right, my obsession with television has permeated my inner consciousness. (Movies did that long ago...evidenced by my dream where I took Kevin Costner home to meet my parents. Yes, Kevin Costner.)

For some reason, I get it into my heard that I must get Meredith out of this place and so I pick her up (all 85 lbs of her) and we all walk out of the building into the sunshine-filled parking lot. But then, someone starts yelling at me about what I think I'm doing taking some girl out of a hospital. What did I think I was going to do with her?

I find my car and stick Meredith in the back seat. JG gets in the front, and we drive off, destination unknown.

At this point, I woke up, blinked a few times, rubbed my eyes, and I swear to god my first thought was...I would have totally been best friends with Izzie instead.

No comments: