Sunday, November 05, 2006

November Sweeps

Who's getting psyched for Tuesday night mid-term election fun?! Hopefully the John Kerry/Ted Haggard flaps will cancel each other out (or Americans will simply get their heads out of their asses and not pay attention) and the Dems will take control of both houses.

In other sweeps news, why are my favorite shows advertising "fall finale" episodes? Lost, you are killing me. No one is going to remember anything once you start up again in January!! Although, by then, 24 will have started and I will have to split my obsession.

I've heard of three people I know who have failed the bar exam. And these are super-intelligent people. Although one of them has a job already so I don't feel (very) bad for her (unless she fails again in February). Things are tentatively moving ahead for me on the job front, but I don't want to jinx anything so I will refrain from saying too much until it actually happens...but if (no, WHEN) it happens, I will in fact explode from joy. Who gets to do exactly what she's wanted to do since she was 12 years old as her first real job out of school? Me, hopefully.

In other news, my dog and cat are curled up next to each other on the couch taking up more room than I am. Impossibly cute.

I am going to listen to Irish folk music at the little downtown theater this afternoon with Dad. Should be amusing.

No comments: