Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"So do you feel any different?" "Uhh, no."

I was sworn into the Massachusetts Bar this morning. The ceremony was in Faneuil Hall and was quite nice, appropriately formal and congratulatory, with some interesting history about the historical importance of the Massachusetts judiciary and how it is the oldest continuous judiciary in the western hemisphere. I took the oaths (the only other two professions that require spoken oaths are doctors and clergy), got my license, my mom took pictures, and I proceeded to drive back home while most people went to work. Ahh well. This professions is not just what you do - it's who you are, and I AM a lawyer. Officially in one state, and soon to be in two.

But! Later in the day I received a phone call from a firm in NYC that I had forgotten I had even applied to since it was over a month ago, and I have an interview next week. So, that's something.

Bob Saget is on SVU. I'm a little creeped out.

3 comments:

Brunette said...

Bob Saget is more than a little creepy.

Congrats on being sworn in. For some reason, the thought of that is terrifying to me recently.

Harmless Error said...

Yeah it is slightly terrifying that by now giving people offhand legal advice (usually it's just me thinking out loud) I could pretty much be committing malpractice...

Anonymous said...

Try watching him in the Aristocrats if you really want to be creeped out by Bobby.