Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving By The Numbers

22: number of hours in the car with my mother and stepfather to Columbus and back
2: books on CD listened to on the trip
3: hours playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
10: people staying in a four bedroom house
12: number of times I told myself to breathe deeply in and out
17: lbs of turkey
7.68: miles to the gym (yay for nation-wide membership plans)
62: years between oldest and youngest family members present
5: number of conversations/comments about a person behind his or her back
9: number of "shows" put on by my three year old cousin, each beginning with "Ladies and gentlemen" and ending with "I'll be here all week".
1: awesome chocolate "Congratulations on passing two bar exams!" cake, for which said three year old sang "Happy Birthday" to me
62: degrees Fahrenheit in Columbus the past few days
1.8 million: number of eye rolls, stifled laughs, smirks, etc. from each and every person in the house
1.9 million: number of laughs at or with each other
7: references to my (un)employment status
2: long discussions about my intended career path and living options
2: adorable animals awaiting our return home
1: resolution never to drive that far with my parents again. ever.

Seasons Greetings.

No comments: