Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Am So A Real Attorney Now.

It's amazing how things can go from shit and despair to wonder and amazement in no time at all. I formally accepted the job today and am very excited about it. Because it's a small firm, I will have mucho responsibility early on, which is thrilling and scary. But, as I said in the interview, as long as I have my head wrapped around the legal and factual issues, it won't take me long to get over my nerves in the courtroom. At least I hope it won't. Interviews are all about slight exaggeration, right?

Next hurdle: finding the perfect apartment. Eeeek.

3 comments:

Douglas said...

so will you get court time straight away? that would be cool.

Harmless Error said...

hopefully not on day 1, but yes. SCARED.

Zuska said...

one of the hypos that my Prof Resp prof (you know, the one with the good voice) was a new grad who was sent to court on her first day of the job ... I think we decided it was NOT subject to discipline, so, I'm sure you'll do fine if it's expected of you ;)