Monday, March 05, 2007

Dear Kanye West,

Ok. George Bush doesn't care about black people. You said it. We pretty much agreed with you, and admired your audacity to say it. But you know what? I don't think you care about black people, or rather, poor people (because let's face it, the black people Bush didn't/doesn't care about are all poor) either. How many Katrina survivors could you feed with this ridiculous waste of money? I know it's not your job to rescue and take care of the populace as it is for the government and the president, and I know the music company requested the decadence on your behalf, but being the big goddamn star that you are, you could just say no, thank you, let's do something else with this money. School music programs, teen pregnancy prevention (gotta stop those gold diggers), anything else. Please.

Sincerely,

Me


Breathe. I'm not sure why this bothers me so much. I know the article says Kanye's not the one who ordered the meal, but for a celebrity who created such a firestorm with what was an apparent heartfelt statement and conviction to revel in such a degree of utter waste makes me crazy. Paris, Nicole, Ashley and Mary-Kate - I couldn't care less how you spend your billions of dollars because you never actually say or do anything meaningful. I guess it's Kanye's hypocrisy that makes me want to commit murder.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful post!
Just don't murder me if you murder someone, okay?

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...

couldn't agree more. What a huge, insane, head-up-your-ass, diva waste of money. He should be ashamed.

On another note, while I agree with you about the ER John Stamos, I REALLY believe you need to rethink your stance on the Uncle Jesse John Stamos. Seriously. I really can't stress this enough.

Anonymous said...

you are the Dennis Scott of the blogosphere

*moosie* said...

as a sad, piddling almost-done-with-school law student, I appreciate your blog immensely. Also, ER John Stamos gets a two thumbs up from me.

Harmless Error said...

Okaaaay, I secretly think Uncle Jesse John Stamos is cupcake as well, but since I watched that show when I was little something about seeing Uncle J. as hottie makes me feel all warm and tingly...