Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Musings

Season 6 of 24 is pretty much turning out to be season 2 redux. Except season 2 was better. The kiss in the dark hallways of CTU? Tony and Michelle were hotter. Invoking the 25th Amendment to take out President Palmer? Just a different President Palmer. The only thing we're missing is Kim on the run from a cougar. Maybe Josh will get on that. Ugh. Oh well, still one of my faves even if they're starting to recycle.

Boss #1 sat me down to tell me how he's giving me even more responsibility for a lot of cases, and he wants me to mentally understand the amount of trust he's putting in me and that I will be the final eyes for a lot of discovery material that we have to get in and out. This time, instead of being happy and confident that they trust my abilities, I felt slightly terrified and annoyed. I ask tons of questions when needed, but I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing a lot of the time, and it's their job to TRAIN me, right? There's been some talk about me second-chairing a few trials so I can start handling some on my own, but I don't know when that's gonna happen. All I can say is, with this amount of "responsibility", at the six month mark, it'll be time to reassess the salary situation. I'm an attorney. I shouldn't have to worry the way I do about living paycheck to paycheck.

I. am. tired.

No comments: