Friday, April 27, 2007

I have no words.

Literally. I want to write something here to describe the way I'm feeling about work right now, but I can't come up with the right words. Probably because I've been trying to come up with the "right words" all fucking day.

Let me just say this. As I was riding home on the subway from work a mere 20 minutes ago, lugging two huge redwell case files on my lap, I briefly dozed off. And then I jerked awake to a 5 year old boy DRAWING with MAGIC MARKER on the outside of one of my files. In a daze and a haze, I lightly slapped his hand away, and his mother started yelling at me. I was in no mood. Luckily I was at my stop and simply got up and left her to wag her finger at me and continue to bitch.

I need some wine. Now. Wait, is it sad to drink alone at home at 9:30 on a Friday night when you turned down your friends' dinner invitation b/c you were still working? No? Ok, good.

3 comments:

Elle Woods said...

I cannot stand parents who have no control of their kids. I would have NEVER done something like that, and if I had my parents certainly would not have been mad at the person I did that too.

Grace said...

I completely agree with Elle. Additionally, it is not sad to drink wine alone at 9:30 on a friday night. Ummm. I did the same thing. And so did everyone else who wasn't out. Um. or in rehab!! :-)Cheer up!

Lily Graypure said...

Yeah, I drink wine alone, too. And occasionally beer. But not bourbon or rum. Those things are special.

Also, if more kids were slapped around by strangers, they'd be better-behaved.