Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tick tock.

It's 8:45pm. I just got home from the gym (could barely get up in time for work this morning for some reason), showered, am heating up some leftovers, and have poured myself a glass of wine. I'll likely have a second glass, seeing as it was a rough day and all. The thing is, I'm waiting for Boss #2 to call to tell me what the deal is for a case I'm appearing on tomorrow about which I know nothing. He better call soon. As in, before I pour the second glass.

------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE. 9:50pm.

He just called. I get to make a super-fun argument tomorrow. Yay!

In other news, I'm watching tonight's episode of the Gilmore Girls. For those who still watch, Rory, the most perfect student ever, is getting rejected from all of her job possibilities. I know it's a show, and she's graduating from college and not law school, but it's bringing back all sorts of horrid self-pity memories of being an over-achieving smartypants who had a hell of a time finding a decent job after finishing school. To those of you going through this now, chin up. If Rory Gilmore is having problems, you know the employment world has fallen off its axis.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Please tell my Rory spends at least part of the episode lying in bed drinking diet coke with the sheets pulled over her head eatig sliced salami. Because that's what I'm doing. And I'm still waiting to hear .