Friday, November 02, 2007

In No Particular Order

Things that are currently freaking me out:

1. Lance and Ashley. Ew.
2. It's November. And yesterday was July.
3. I can get drunk off a single glass of wine.
4. My dog is currently having some kind of dream in which she is running, but she hasn't woken up.
5. My lease is up in January and I really want to move.
6. I need a raise in order to move.
7. I have to ask for a raise. Like, now.
8. What happened to Tim Gunn's Guide to Style? There were only 4 episodes!
9. When I was 10, I thought 15 year olds were damn worldly. When I was 18, I figured I would have my life TOGETHER by the age of 25. I'm almost 27, and am now slightly terrified of what lays ahead. (This probably deserves its own post. But not now.)
10. There's apparently a hurricane headed for all of the northeast. Or something.
11. I don't think I'm gonna make it t0 November 2008. I feel like the entire country may implode by the time the election actually rolls around. And since the past two election nights involved heavy drinking and, at least in 2004 when we really knew what we were dealing with, heavy crying, I'm not really looking forward to it.
12. My slightly slutty sister (many a time have I heard "what? I just like sex") has two dates this weekend with two different guys. I have tentative social plans that probably won't come to fruition.
13. I've been going to see movies alone lately. Sunday afternoons, when people cancel on me because they're a) hungover, b) flaky, or c) no one wants to see what I want to see. I'm trying to view sitting in a theater alone as decadent rather than pathetic. It's not like watching a movie involves talking to another person anyway, right? Shut up.
14. I'm willing to pay more rent to live in a smaller place. Manhattan sucks.
15. I miss Julia Roberts. Where'd she go?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost went to see a movie by myself tonight. But it turns out I am too boring to even go out by myself, so it's CSI: Miami, gin and tonic and peanuts. Also coco puffs.

Anonymous said...

I've joined the seeing-movies-alone club lately, too. I'll call it decadent if you will. This week, "Martian Child", because John Cusack is my one true Hollywood boyfriend. Even when he hurts me by making stuff like "1408".

Elle Woods said...

I wish I had the guts to go see movies alone. I used to make my brother go see all the movies boys/friends bailed on me for. But sadly, he lives across the country now.

You might have just inspired me to go see The Darjeeling Limited or Dan in Real Life tomorrow.

If I can get over putting my dog in a crate to go watch a movie alone.

Harmless Error said...

I saw Dan in Real Life alone last weekend. It was adorable.

Ted isn't old enough to be left alone, huh?

Elle Woods said...

No, Ted cannot be left alone. He gets into everything (even when it's put away) and climbs onto furniture so that he can climb onto end tables and steal things like coasters.

Anonymous said...

why is there such a stereotype against seeing movies alone? i like to.

Sarah said...

Are you me? I do occasionally go see movies by myself just to not feel pathetic. But mostly I watch them by myself on my couch. In my sweats. Stuffing my face.