Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm not superstitious. But this is ridiculous.

This morning, when I was running in Riverside Park, moving to the music and enjoying the warmth of the sun on my shoulders, I stopped short because of something in my path.

A crow. Just sitting there. Chilling. Not picking around or eating. Sitting. In my path. Usually birds/squirrels/small children move out of the way when a person/bike/bigger animal or child comes whizzing by. Nope. Not this bird. He eyed me for a minute, turned around 360 degrees, and flew off, his black feathers gleaming in the sunshine. I began moving again. And suddenly I was cold.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote the raven...

If I were you, here's how I'd interpret this. THE MESSENGERS is coming out this weekend and looks AWESOME. The bird is just signaling you that the movie will in fact be good (even if it's being released in the summer).

Harmless Error said...

Ok, I don't know what this movie is - as far as I know, "The Messengers" was a bad horror flick with Dylan McDermott about some possessed family in the midwest that came out last year.

Educate me.

Anonymous said...

Oops! THE STRANGERS....

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809775079/info

Harmless Error said...

For the record, I DEFINITELY want to see The Strangers. Unlike The Messengers, it indeed looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

I've read some fan reviews that have said the ending sucks, but that the movie itself is very scary. And it hasn't just gotten panned by critics, so I'm thinking I'll like this one!