Friday, July 04, 2008

Cringe

In honor of our nation's independence, I slept in:) Training-wise, Friday is a rest day. Which are "just as important as hard and easy days." So I'm taking full advantage. I may venture out to a bookstore later before trekking across town to join a million people to watch the fireworks (weather permitting), but mostly I will be napping and watching bad TV.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever watched that 4th hour of the Today Show? With Hoda Kotbe and, ahem, Kathie Lee Gifford? It doesn't just make you roll your eyes. It's more like wincing. No one ever said Kathie Lee was brilliant, but um, did anyone ever notice she's a kind of a racist idiot in that ever-annoying innocent kind of way? There's not only this, but also this morning's god-awful imitation of her Chinese driver's accent and how they have scintillating conversations because he barely speaks a word of English. Hey Kathie Lee, I'm pretty sure he's faking it. If I had to drive your sorry ass around town, I would pretend I didn't speak English either.

On that note, happy 4th everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I've managed to miss the fourth hour of the TODAY Show. I wonder how the hell that happened. ;-)

Harmless Error said...

It happens because we have jobs that require us to leave home before the third hour, let alone the fourth hour:)

Anonymous said...

The few times I sit down and eat before darting off to work (usually from waking up to getting out the door, 20 minutes have elapsed, and that's only if I turn on the computer) and turn the television on, I seem to tune it to Morning Joe on MSNBC. I miss the I-Man. Sigh.