Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wall Street

First of all, I'm not going to pretend I understand much beyond the basics about this financial crisis. Except for the fact that no investment banks have been housed on Wall Street for the past 15 years. They're all in midtown. Anyway.

Who am I supposed to really feel bad for here? Certainly not these jackoffs who have made New York City somewhat of a nightmare for the rest of us. I keep hearing, "god, it's so sad, we all know someone who lost his or her job, right?" Well, maybe. I definitely do, but those people (at least those I know) still get three months of bloated severance pay and have enough saved at the age of 27 to support themselves for a long time. So really, no, I don't feel bad for you.

Yes, the banks should not have loaned every single American and his poodle money for a mortgage. People with a miniscule income and no foresight should not have thought it was a grand idea to Become a Homeowner! with no down payment. The government should not have allowed the market to take care of itself. Because the market is run by greedy assholes who are rewarded with billions of dollars for complete and utter failure.

And now I have to fucking pay for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This does not exactly make me want to jump for joy either.

Twenty miles. Damn. This fool is impressed!