Friday, November 28, 2008

Merry Happy Thanksgiving New Christmas Hanukkah Year.

There are two topics that should be outlawed from being discussed at holiday family gatherings: significant others and money.

So what was I asked about on five different occasions by three different people?

1. So, are you seeing anyone?
2. So how much money are you making now?

My answers? Stand there awkwardly and take a gulp of wine.

First of all, if I were seeing anyone I would want you to know about, I WOULD BE EXCITED ENOUGH TO TELL YOU.

Second, I make more money than you, but I also live in the most expensive city in the world and am $150,000 in debt. So you're actually in a better financial situation than I am at the current moment, and thank you for reminding me I never should have gone to law school. I appreciate it.

This is fucking insane. I know it happens at least once every year, but this guy was just going to work and probably dreading dealing with such assholes at 5am, and how do they thank him? By trampling him to death. If any of these people have more than $1000 worth of credit card debt, they should have been the ones stomped to death. I'm not usually very pro-plaintiff when it comes to things like this, but I'd represent this guy's family in a heartbeat.

No comments: