Thursday, December 21, 2006

Brain Overload

We're leaving for San Fran tomorrow morning, I'm moving the day after we get back next Friday, which means I need to be all packed which is so not happening, and I still have to get a present for my mom, who deserves a hell of a lot after schlepping around NYC with me looking for an apartment, laying out the necessary money for the apartment which I will pay back, and overall for putting up with my obnoxious self for the past 4 months.

That was a long run-on sentence.

So I emailed my references a big thank you because they totally helped me get the job, and I've gotten two responses along the lines of "criminal defense?!" (from my DA buddies whose office barely hires anyone who doesn't have serious political connections) and "New York's gain is our loss and now I have another reason to be mad at this DA's office" (from my former professor/judge). It's funny. It sounds like they really wanted me to stay in Boston and work for the DA's office, yet being close to them wasn't enough to get me hired. Whatever. I'm psyched for New York, and when I make it big they can say they knew me when.

Ugh. I kind of hate flying. And when I say kind of I mean a lot. I flew back from Europe this past summer days after the big terrorist plot in London was revealed, and I was so nervous (we flew through London on the way home) and pissed off that I couldn't bring chapstick on the plane. After I got through security I realized I totally could have just stuck it in my bra or something, but that seemed extreme. No one knew how far the patdowns were gonna go...and I am seriously addicted to chapstick. Bert's Bees is the best. If it were still forbidden now I don't think I would be going to Cali.

At least I'll have plenty to read on the plane...the NY penal code, rules of disclosure and depositions, lots of fun stuff. I'm scared.

1 comment:

Douglas said...

you'll do fine...they know you aren't gonna be johnnie cochran on day one.

i had a doc friend that persuaded me to stop using any form of lip balm regularly...she said it is actually bad for your lips. they take care of themselves naturally. i quit the stuff. :)