Thursday, February 08, 2007

Annoyed. Times 2.

I don't have the energy for the rant that this deserves, so here's the short version.

I hate money.

1. Even though I know this is only a starting salary, I really don't make enough for how hard I am already working.

2. I haven't even started paying my loans yet.

3. I'm sick of explaining to my so-called friends that I don't live in the ultra-trendy neighborhoods because I will be making monthly loan payments equal to half of their rents.

4. I hate feeling obligated to go out for someone's birthday dinner and drop $40 because people want to just split the check when all I ordered were a couple of appetizers because I didn't like anything on the menu. That early Friends episode comes to mind. Except theoretically, I am one of the more "successful" friends in that I'm not a waitress, a struggling actor, or a massage therapist. Which just makes it worse.

5. Dry cleaning bills are the devil's handiwork.

6. I can't even bring my lunch to work half the time because when I am in court all morning I don't want to leave a sandwich or salad rotting in my bag. So I end up spending $7 on lunches because there is no alternative.

Sigh. Tomorrow is Friday and I get to be in the office all day which means I am totally wearing jeans. Because it's Friday. And, except for the fact that they aren't paying me enough, my bosses are awesome.

No comments: