Saturday, February 17, 2007

I Wish.

(I know Oprah's all about the gratitude journal, but that doesn't make for interesting reading, so I'm turning it on its head:)

I wish that my exhaustion on weeknights enabled me to get over my seemingly perpetual Friday night insomnia.

I wish Jon Stewart wasn't happily married.

I wish I knew why people on the subway seem to be staring at me lately.

I wish my dog could verbalize her feelings.

I wish I didn't have to spend half of my weekend doing legal research.

I wish I could pay someone to work out for me sometimes.

I wish I had a personal chef.

I wish I had the mental energy to read something other than Nora Roberts' romance/thrillers before bedtime.

I wish I believed in myself more during my job search so as to take some time to relax.

I wish I wasn't in as much debt as I am.

I wish the words "The President" filled me with pride and hope.

I wish when I awoke from a nightmare to a tear-soaked pillow I didn't feel the emptyness of my bed.

I wish the chasm between school and work, between childhood and adulthood, didn't feel so abrupt.

I wish I had a maid.

I wish guys had the courage to admit they love "The Notebook".

I wish I felt animal attraction to someone other than those toward whom it is totally inappropriate.

I wish I were involved in some kind of community-based child-oriented volunteer group.

I wish I were 35 and married and settled.

I wish I were 15 and could do it all over again.

No comments: