Monday, May 14, 2007

The OH CRAP Email

We've all done it. Fine, maybe you haven't. But as of today, I have. And it was kinda bad.

I hit the "send" button, and a milisecond later, the Oh crap surfaced upon my lips. See, I simply forgot that although I was sending this email to two individuals, I had been forwarded the previous string of emails by one of those people, and her forwarded message to me had included some...ahem...not entirely flattering or appropriate for public discussion (even though still within the confines of our family) details about the other person. Yet, I was expected to email them both regarding an upcoming event for which my travel schedule was needed, and so...I simply replied to the email and cc'd the other person! And now she is free to read what was not meant for her eyes. Although, whatever, it just says that she's doing BETTER because she's been in THERAPY and has been less SELFISH lately and really wants me to COME to this surprise party. So there. It's positive. I'm sure she'll be happy.

Yeah. Oops.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh Harmless:

I am laughing. A lot. heeeheeeheeeheee. I"m sorry.

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Couldn't you just recall the bloody thing? I'd like to think that shit works. Otherwise i'm about to be in a world of pain...

Anonymous said...

Recall almost never works. When servers were slower (back in the day) it worked pretty well, but now it is almost useless. In an MS Exchange environment (e.g. corporate email) it is basically useless. For other environments, you might get lucky. Good luck!