Thursday, May 31, 2007

The terrible horrible no good very bad day.

By the numbers:

2am time I woke up with the world's fastest landing supercold
6:45 time this morning my sister's flight arrived from SF
8:20 time my sister got to my apartment because of traffic and a crazy cabbie
9:30 time I was supposed to be in court
9:50 time I got to court
50 number of tissues I went through before 10 am
90 degrees in New York City
25 number of lbs my head feels like it weighs b/c of all the snot
3 number of times the tears began to flow at work
2 number of times I passed those tears off as sinus related
1 number of times I was thankfully outside when the tears flowed
5 number of different subway rides I had to take today
2 number of subways that actually moved for more than a minute at a time
7 days for extension to file habeas brief (the only good thing today)
3 hours in which I have to write another reply memo tomorrow
1 box of tissues I went through today at my desk
6 times my sister called me because she couldn't find something in the apartment
3 number of emails from Boss #1 from court where he's on trial within the span of an hour regarding research needed asap
50 copay at doctor's office
10 days to take Zithromax to kill the sickness

1 day left in the week. Thank God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better.