Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hey loud annoying guy, do you really have to order the lobster?

And, you, drunk girl, we REALLY don't need another bottle of wine.

This happened last night. And I hadn't even met the damn birthday person before. I was annoyed. Again. It's not that I'm cheap (well, no more than necessary). I gladly buy presents for people I love. But being forced to plunk down $60 for someone I don't even know when all I ate was a tiny piece of chicken, about two pieces of lettuce, and one glass of wine makes me absolutely crazy. Honestly, I think the friend I was with should have offered to pay for me, considering I was only there to support her because she has a stupid crush on the birthday boy, who I don't think is good for her anyway (but that's neither here nor there).

I guess I do sound cheap. But that's what happens when you grow up with parents who spit out the phrase "We can't afford that" or "That's too expensive" 20 times a day. Arrgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That has happened to me before as well. I always find it fucking weak. Sorry, yo. But props for linking to the apropos and timely article.