Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hump Day Musings

1. Note to self: the next time you find yourself at the gym for a post-work run and realize you forgot to pack socks, take the extra ten minutes to go to the drug store and buy some, even if you're already half undressed in the locker room. The alternative is painful. I may show up at tomorrow's deposition in flip flops and bandages.

2. I ended up sitting next to Danny from the Real World New Orleans on the subway today. I stared unabashedly against my better judgment, and upon exiting the train car, softly said, "yours was the last good season." And I got a big old smile...

3. I'm a sucker for these AFI's 100 Years 100 Movies lists. Always good for updating and adding to your Netflix cues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Liveblogging the AFI list:

To Kill A Mockingbird is number 25? Oh I don't think so.
I really need to watch ET and The Sound Of Music over and over again. Like right now.
There are a hell of a lot of Vietnam movies that I've never seen.
Chinatown is overrated.
Would the world be any different if I had never been born?
Marlon Brando is scary.
We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
I used to have nightmares about the Death Star.
And the flying monkeys.
I was 12 when Schindler's List was released, and vividly remember going to see it with my parents, and my mom broke down and had to leave the theater. I didn't know then that I had relatives who were part of the story.
Scarlet O'Hara is a whiny little bitch.
Could Ingrid Bergman's skin have really been that flawless? Casablanca was way before air brushing, right?
I repeat, Marlon Brando is scary.
If I'm gonna call myself a connoisseur, I suppose I should see Citizen Kane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Citizen Kane SUCKS.

Grace said...

Citizen Kane is fucking retarded.

Harmless Error said...

Alrighty then. Who am I to argue with you guys?