Friday, July 20, 2007

If it weren't for those pesky rules of ethics...

I met a beautiful man today. Handsome, well-spoken, fit, intelligent, with an impressive career. I was smitten.

Unfortunately for me, he was sitting on the opposite side of our conference table while I deposed him.

I had to concentrate twice as hard as usual on my questions because I kept getting lost in the calming sea of his blue, blue eyes....sigh. I'll just say that he's in the NYC version of the Navy Seals, and damn, are they impressive. He wasn't actually in one, but I do love a man in uniform.

I usually try to be somewhat skeptical of whoever I'm deposing because it forces me to ask follow up questions and probe as much as possible. With this guy, I found myself simply nodding and believing everything he said! And then after a split second I would mentally slap myself and ask another question.

If I responded this way, this guy's gonna make one hell of an impression on a jury...

No comments: