Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Is it September yet?

I've been to the beach once since we arrived. And got slightly burned. So the fact that it's been 65 degrees and rainy for the past two days doesn't bum me out too much. What does bum me out?

I'm not exactly sure. There are a number of possibilities:

1. My cold is still hanging on.
2. Jason's hair is really bad. (I'm watching General Hospital for maybe the third time this year.)
3. When I actually have the time to go on long runs during the week, I can barely move. I almost died after 20 minutes today and came back and took a nap. Maybe I should just stay in a constant state of stress and anxiety constantly since I run so much better during those times. Bar exam? I could have run a marathon the day before.
4. This beach house, while adorable and lovely, has nothing more than 5 basic tv channels. Shut up. I'm on vacation.
5. Notwithstanding number 4, there are certain worries which don't go away even when you're away from work and city-induced craziness. I'm not sure what to do about that.
6. Living in an enclosed space with my family for more than a couple days never fails to induce a certain level of hysteria among each and every one of us. Query this: do you think you'd be "friends" with your sibling(s) if you weren't related? Honestly, I don't. That doesn't mean I don't love her unconditionally and more than any other non-blood related person. But fuck. She pisses me off to no end. I assume she feels the same way.

1 comment:

She says said...

I agree about the siblings thing. Ditto my older brother. We have nothing more in common than our parents.

It would be easier if we didn't even have that in common.

Oh well.