Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dear "Homeless" Guy on the Subway,

I usually tune ya'll out when you tell your sad stories and beg and plead for money, but today something caught my attention about you. I'd seen and heard you before. Telling the same story about how you and your wife just suffered a fire in your home a few days ago and now you have nothing and are waiting for help from the Red Cross. About how you were just given the clothes you are wearing by a kind samaritan but have nothing to feed your children tonight. About how you know we work hard for our money but any little bit will help, "even just a smile."

You may think that ending is sweet, but it's a dead give away when it absolutely confirms to me that I've heard it before. Months ago. Did you and your wife suffer another fire in your quickly rebuilt house? I don't think so. You're a fucking liar.

--------------------------------

In other news, I'd like to thank the Kentucky Higher Education Loan Servicing Corporation and The Student Loan People for increasing my monthly payments by $120 as of October 1st. Golly, you guys sure know how to turn a girl on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait... increased student loans turn girls on? Damn.. and to think I've been reading them scripture...

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what the homeless man would say if you asked if he and his wife suffered yet another fire! Maybe they're arsonists!