Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Epiphany Regarding the Male Species

So I was flipping around and stumbled upon Beautiful Girls, one of the most underrated flicks of all time. Maybe I just hadn't seen it in a while, but the scene in the bar when Uma Thurman walks in for the first time struck me as quite informative. For those who haven't seen it (go! rent! now!), a group of high school buddies in upstate New York, all now pushing 30, are in their local hangout when Uma Thurman's character, a cousin of one of the guys, comes in to visit. The guys are literally dumbstruck by this beautiful girl. Upon being introduced to her, each one of them barely smiles, mumbles, and stares while trying not to stare.

Now the epiphany. This exact same thing has happened to me! Many times. But with my level of neurosis and self-esteem issues, I've always thought the awkwardness was because they immediately saw/guessed/knew there was something wrong with me. But it's not!

It's because I'm a beautiful girl. At least, that's what I'm gonna try to tell myself from now on, when the bubbles of doubt inevitably rise to the surface.

7 comments:

Grace said...

I LOVE that movie. Love love love it.

And you ARE a beautiful girl. DUH!!

Anonymous said...

I second Grace's comment (except for loving that movie because I've never seen it. Well, I've never seen you either, but I'm trusting you and Grace on this one.) :-)

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

You are fabulous. The end. If you like, print this out and tape it to the bathroom mirror for one week.

Grace said...

Oh, Thinking Fool, I've never seen her either... I just KNOW these things.

Harmless Error said...

Thanks guys:) I've been thinking about putting some kind of picture on the site, kinda like Grace's (who is clearly also hot) in which you can see her but not really see her. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that you are a dish.

She says said...

With your genes, you've gotta be a hottie! I have no doubt. Neither should you.