Sunday, October 07, 2007

Those Entertaining NYU Kids

So I was at a rooftop party last night. Some would call it "taking advantage of the last summer-like weekend weather." I called it "being a plus one for my friend who wanted someone with her while she made googly eyes at some crush." Too bad he didn't show up. Of course she still managed to find the one straight guy in the bunch (it was a housewarming party for a gay interior designer friend) and I'm 90% sure either went home with him or at least made out with him. This friend is kinda slutty. I love and hate her for it. Although I must say, her standards are...lower than mine. Which is why I'll die alone.

Anyway, at some point while I was mixing myself nice little cocktail (yay for gay guys an their liquor selections! So much nicer than "the beer's over there.") to keep myself entertained enough not to feel bad about the fact that the guys were dressed better than I was, I heard some hooting and hollering. Turns out there was a huge freshmen NYU dorm across the way, and those kiddies hadn't learned the most important thing about living in New York:

Close your blinds/curtains/shades.

They were going AT IT. Two boys. Imagine the excitement over on our roof. I don't think I've ever seen a bunch of people in their 20s and 30s SO RIVETED before. And kudos to those kids. It's only October! They've known each other, what, a month?

Then again, they are guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao!! Until I moved to NYC, I always thought the Friends-esque "naked guy" stories were Hollywood's version of NYC ... and then I learned. Writers don't need to be creative, they just need to turn up in the City with a pad and paper and document the crazy.

My Saturday night was spent alone with a bottle of wine and a failed attempt at a comparative con law paper. Your night wins!

Anonymous said...

delurking. Hearting all the youth that comes through in your blog. You worry too much, you're clearly well on your way to being who you want to be.

Anonymous said...

can i just say that im SUPER happy you did a post on sunday. this is the longest and slowest weekend ever PLUS its thanksgiving and the family craziness that ensues. so you rock my friend.

Anonymous said...

made me laugh, even though im a lawyer

http://jokes.comedycentral.com/random_joke.aspx?joke_id=871

Harmless Error said...

m, where is it thanksgiving?

kl, i do worry too much. but i feel like i have a lot to worry about. shit, there i go again.

Anonymous said...

in canada. we celebrated it this past monday.