Saturday, October 13, 2007

Top Five Reasons I'm a Dork

Tagged by my favorite resident of the windy city, Grace.

I'm not sure if these make me a dork or just a loser. Potentially both.

1. The only way I discover new (or sometimes old but recognizable) music is by hearing a song in a show or a movie or a damn commercial, liking it, googling it, and downloading it. (Before the digital age, buying CD singles.) I don't think I've listened to an entire album by one artist in a long time, if ever.

2. Nine times out of ten, I would rather spend a Saturday night with takeout, wine, and a dvd than be social in an actual public place where, instead of being the hot 26 year old attorney that I am, I feel like a shy 18 year old freshman at a frat party.

3. I play with my hair a lot. At my desk when I'm thinking. In court when I'm nervous. I twirl it. I flip it. It's my security blanket. My very...unprofessional security blanket.

4. I love peanut butter and jelly. I eat it for lunch like three times a week. Not just because it's cheap (and a good source of healthy unsaturated fat!) and I can then feel ok about spending money at places like Sephora, but because it makes me feel ten years old again. Ten years old with a hot new eyeliner.

5. Whenever things feel way too out of control, as soon as humanly possible I watch The Family Stone. I sometimes put it on just to help me fall asleep. I'm not sure why I feel so connected to this damn movie.

I know, I know. Therapy.

Zuska and Elle Woods, you're tagged.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got home from work (it's 10:07pm on a saturday night). A group of friends is at a bar and asked me to meet them. I declined and am eating peanuts, drinking a gin and tonic and reading your blog. I am the bigger dork.

Harmless Error said...

It's ok. I turned down an invite as well in order to partake in item #2 on the list, and then proceeded to fall asleep watching said dvd at 10pm only to wake up with the credits rolling and the dog squirming to go out.

Zuska said...

FYI - I *love* being tagged! It's doing the tagging I don't like. Perhaps it's a fear of rejection - that people won't pick up on it, and won't play the game, and I'll feel like a loser.

I love to play the meme games :)

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the DVD/stay-at-home thing! FAMILY STONE? Really? No megustalo.

Harmless Error said...

Fool, let's have a dvd date and you can pick the movie.