Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nothing a hot shower and a glass of wine won't fix.

I hate the subway sometimes. Hate. It. Maybe because I'm semi-constantly on it going from home to office or this courthouse or that courthouse. Today I was on the subway for a total of 3 hours. At least some of that time gets billed. But it doesn't make up for the inexplicable asshattery of...people. They're just people. But they suck. Standing smack in the fucking doorway when I'm trying to get on with an umbrella, files, and heels, and then giving ME the evil eye for pushing them out of the way?

Then there was the twitchy guy who kept inching closer and closer, despite it not being rush hour and thus giving each person skads of personal space. Closer, closer, closer, his arm touches my back and WHAT THE FUCK GET AWAY FROM ME ALL I WANNA DO IS MAKE IT BACK TO THE OFFICE WITHOUT CONTRACTING A DISEASE.

Sigh.

Gulp.

2 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

That doesn't sound as bad as the guy who wanted to share a cab with me to the Loop only to get in the cab and tell the cab driver an address that is decidedly NOT in the Loop of Chicago....and then he offered me a job. Awkward.

Unknown said...

I can only imagine. Sounds awful!