Monday, November 19, 2007

I just want to order chinese food and go to sleep.

I went to Philadelphia this weekend to watch my friend, who we'll call "Phil," run the Philly Marathon.

It was cold and rainy but incredibly awesome. I am totally going to run one. I may have done a half marathon 3 1/2 years ago at this point and never run more than 6 miles at a time now, but I can do it, right? Right. Just not in the 3 hours and 45 minutes Phil did it in.

We got there late Saturday afternoon, had a nice dinner, after which Phil promptly went to bed at 9pm, and the rest of us went out on the town. I of course was ready to hit the sack by 11, but was forced to stay out (even if my head was down on the table) until 2.

We were up by 7, to catch sight of Phil at mile 9 at 8:15. Phrases upon getting up:

"I hate Phil."
"Phil's a bastard."
"I'm throwing banana peels at Phil."
"I may throw up on Phil as he runs by."

And me: "Move it, guys. I need a very large coffee."

Phil upon crossing the finish line: 2 minutes of inability to speak, and then "cold...feel like crap."

So yeah, I want to run one.

Then, last night, I somewhat deleriously prepared for my motion hearing today, and was feeling ready and confident this morning. And then opposing counsel walked in and requested an adjournment because his partner, who is handling the case and motion, had a death in the family and couldn't appear. Talk about a freaking let-down. I was pumped! Ready to kick ass! And had to simply pack up and go back to the office. Stupid dead person. (Not really, but you know what I mean.)

But I have another motion argument tomorrow on a similar case with equally complicated issues, so now I have to go over that stuff. Too bad I literally can't keep my eyes open.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've decided to run a marathon too. First...and probably my only. Do it! Well maybe do another half first. But you can so do it. Pick one in a nice location.