Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Aches and pains.

I think my knee is fucked up. It doesn't quite hurt. It just feels stiff with a little hint of achiness. I know, go to the doctor, get a referral for a sports orthopedist, etc. But I hate doctors. I still don't have a primary care doc in the city after 13 months of living here. Can someone just do it for me? Find me a good doctor, make an appointment, go, deal.

I've had a spot under my left shoulder blade my entire life that flares up when my stress level rises significantly. The last major episode was while studying for the bar, and it got so bad I could barely lift my left arm at times. I've noticed it over the past week, and today sitting in my office I felt the need to stretch every few minutes and pop a good deal of advil.

I shouldn't feel this way at my age, should I? It is a lawyer's lot in life? I work out a lot, but maybe I don't stretch as much as I should? I've never been able to fully relax in yoga classes, but maybe I should give it another whirl. Considering my body is rebelling against me.

3 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I feel the same way and I haven't even taken the bar. I think the best course of action is clearly to get an overpriced massage. Often.

Harmless Error said...

i think i might just have to do that. can i make a specific request for a hot male masseuse? two birds. one stone.

Sarah said...

I feel you. It's not a specific body part for me though. It's a generalized extreme fatigue. With no known cause. I hate being a lawyer some days.