Thursday, January 03, 2008

Brain Dump

I'm not gonna pretend that I understand why Iowa is so damn important. I'll just say this: it shouldn't be. There are 49 other states. Although I will admit that I don't think some of those other states should count as much as they do. I know we had this collective discussion 8 years ago, but the electoral college is still fucking retarded.

I was trapped on the subway this morning with what I SWEAR was a dead body. Or if not, the worst smelling two sleeping homeless men I've ever come across. And unfortunately you still come across a lot of them in this city. It was so bad they pretty much had their own car because no one wanted to be that close. Someone complained to the conductor, who basically snapped at the person with "Well lady where do you expect them to go when it's 14 degrees outside?" Ok, fine. But it was not pretty. Or fresh.

I didn't stay up for the return of Leno or Letterman last night (although I will for Jon Stewart because AHHHHHH), but the clips I watched today made it seem like they were...not really worth watching anyway.

God I hate Wolf Blitzer. If CNN has this much of a hard on for the Iowa Caucuses, I think my TV may explode on the actual election night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolf is charming in person, but absolutely blows on television!

Agree with you about Iowa, but I sure find this all interesting!

Also agree with you about the electoral college. It dooms a third party candidate from being electable. Popular vote is the way to go all the way.

Happy New Year, Harmless!

Harmless Error said...

Um, do you know Wolf personally?

It is all interesting. And Barack's speech was inspiring. But I feel uneasy.

Anonymous said...

I do not know Wolf personally, but I met him once and attended an event he moderated (it wasn't on television). He was really funny, interesting, etc. He does NOT come across that way on the tube!

Why do you feel uneasy?

Make Mine a Triple said...

Yup. To all of it.