Monday, July 28, 2008

....

I've started receiving Lucky magazine - "the magazine about shopping and style" - in the mail for the past couple of months. I never subscribed. Not sure what's going on. Does someone in my life secretly think I dress badly and I should, as the July cover exclaims, partake in the "625 Secrets to Looking Great"?

I want the Cohens to adopt me.

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that this whole "work" think isn't all it's cracked up to be? I'm not unhappy - things are going relatively well and I have tons of responsibility and trust from the higher ups and yada yada, but it just all feels so...sigh-worthy sometimes. At least right now. Maybe I need a summer vacation. Too bad I have no plans to take one.

Chloe has a doctor's appointment (yes, a vet, but it's her doctor, so whatever) on Saturday. Nothing but an annual check-up, but as she nears the ripe old age of 15, I can't help but be an overprotected unreasonably worried mommy.

I really need some more variety when it comes to my work clothing staples. Too bad I've spent all discretionary funds in the last few months on cute running apparel instead.

Finally, you don't need it, but GOOD LUCK to all bar-takers this week. You've heard it before, but I'll say it again. You WILL be FINE.

1 comment:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

For new work clothes= Banana Republic sale racks. Oh how they love to mark things down.