Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8.08

Ok, I totally wish I could be there. Instead, I'm here. Sniffling with a cold in August. Who gets a cold in August? Me.

John Edwards may be a douchebag. But he's still a smart one. Finally coming (semi)clean on a) a summer Friday, b) the day the Olympics start, and c) appearing only on Nightline at 11:30 pm? Yes, it will run continuously over the weekend and coming weeks, but it's no Elliot Spitzer press conference.

Back to the opening ceremonies. I'm sure I will cry at some point over the next two weeks of these games. Why not start now?

Oh man. Chicago's up for the 2016 Summer Olympics, which is AWESOME. But you know what would be more awesome (and really only because I live here)? NEW YORK CITY hosting the Olympics. Maybe someday.

2 comments:

K said...

Please take them. Please. I do not want the Olympics in Chicago - the tourists, the traffic, OMG just thinking about it makes me stressy. Eek!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Oh I really want to the Olympics to come to Chicago. I lived in an Olympic town once & it was really fun & exciting.