Sunday, September 07, 2008

There is no logic to my brain.

I had one of those unsettling dreams where people from various parts of my life are all interacting with each other and I don't know what the hell is going on. Why are my boss and my friend from middle school talking to each other? Huh?

Our new attorney started this past week, and while I'm STILL not happy about sharing an office, it's not horrid so far. She doesn't seem like an idiot as far as I can tell, so I think we'll be ok. Then again, it's been a week.

This whole "Sarah Palin doesn't need you talk to you media types - she can talk directly to the American people!" thing is bullshit. Unless I myself can ask her directly why she thinks we're doing "God's work" in Iraq, I have to rely on the media to question her. Get her on a Sunday morning talk show. Stat.

I did 18 miles yesterday in the horrible humidity of the pre-Hanna downpour. It was pretty terrible. But I did it.

It's fashion week in New York City. Which means I get to feel even less stylish than normal. Yay! It takes way too much effort to dress like a grown up professional. If I had my way I would get to wear jeans, tank tops, hoodies every day.

I want pancakes. Correction. I want someone else to make pancakes for me. Mmm.

Can someone explain to me why John McCain is such a "maverick"? I don't get it. Also, it just makes me think about Top Gun, and then I get sad remembering how Tom Cruise used to be awesome. Speaking of McCain, he's using the whole "I was a tortured POW" thing the way Giuliani used 9/11. An answer to every god damn question he's asked. It's really not ok. Yes, both men were faced with something extreme and horrifying. It doesn't make you qualified to be president.

Obama and McCain will appear together at Ground Zero on Thursday morning. Great. Which means I'll probablyhave to show ID thirty times in order to get into my office building. Is Andrea Mitchell wearing a brown LEATHER suit? Yikes. Alan Greenspan is a lucky guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Mitchell's. She used to appear regularly on Imus and I always found her BOR-ING. Apparently she has that "do you know who I am" demeanor at a local gym too. This story didn't exactly make me like David Gregory very much either. http://www.jossip.com/david-gregory-mouthed-off-to-a-waitress-got-scolded-by-tim-russert-20080414

Anybody who is mean to waitstaff/service people is not someone I care to have in my life.

Did you get your pancakes?

I agree Sarah P. needs to answer questions. Apparently Charlie G. got her.

Unknown said...

An oil portrait of John McCain with a pancake cooking on top of his head

Harmless Error said...

That David Gregory story just killed my day - he gives me the warm and fuzzies!

That picture is hilarious. And gross.