Thursday, December 18, 2008

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Downing three Advil Liqui-gels with pino grigio probably won't kill me, right? Ok then.

I have a confession to make. I am obsessed with the Twilight series. Stephanie Meyer is a spectacularly bad writer ("till" - not "until" - appears as a word in the first book - hello editors?), but man, does she know how to pull at a girl's heartstrings. Vampires? Eternal love? Grave danger? (Repressed desire and palpable sexual tension?) Sign me up. I've sped through the first two books in two weeks, and Amazon gloriously delivered the third and fourth today. (Merry Christmas to me. Screw everyone else for now. No I haven't done any shopping.) The story's pull is otherworldly, and yet I am fully aware of how ridiculous it is (movie included - which means it will probably end up in my dvd collection). I seriously contemplated calling in sick one day last week just to stay home and read. Yes, I have issues.

I'm supposedly going to the parents' place for Christmas, but I think my mom and I may be fighting. We haven't spoken since Saturday (there was yelling, I hung up), so I may spend Christmas alone in New York.

Yay holidays.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Again.... Harmless + Grace = Awesome Twin-ness.

I read them all. And yes. I was completely suckered in the entire time.

xoxo

Please visit Chicago! Not now, though... too cold for everyone.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

(Shhh. I like Twilight as well.)

Christmas in New York always sounded fabulous. You could go to the Plaza for tea.

Anonymous said...

You should make up with your mom and enjoy the holidays con ella!

Anonymous said...

Twilight, eh? Isn't that the vampire book where the vampires aren't vampires?