Sunday, February 08, 2009

Let's go with "flattered" instead of "freaked out."

I was dropping off my dry cleaning and looking hot as usual. By hot I mean having the dog leash wrapped around my legs (because someone refuses to stand still) and wind-whipped wet hair plastered to my face.

I hadn't been to the cleaner's in about two months for a number of reasons - winter work clothing can go longer between cleanings, I'm not made of money, and I discovered Dryell. However, certain items needed the professional touch, so there I was. Usually, a customer provides his or her phone number, the guy pulls up the account, prints out a ticket, and sends the person off. So I'm standing there, chatting amicably, and am handed my ticket. But..."I, um, didn't give you my number, did I?"

"Oh, well, I just knew who you were."

"Oh! Um, ok! Have a nice day."

I'm thinking that Dry Cleaner Guy and I will be very happy together.

3 comments:

The Artful Blogger said...

and if nothing else, you could have free dry cleaning for life!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

When I was graduating from college & leaving New Orleans, I had my last pile of dry cleaning to go pick up. The night before however, my Grandfather spilled on his blazer at dinner & wanted to wear it for brunch the day after graduation so I took it it to pick up my stuff & drop his off for 24 hour cleaning.

My Mom came in with me and told them I was moving.

The lady who owned the store started crying, made everyone come out & say goodbye (from the back) and my Mom just looked at me and said "And that is how you know you've spent waay to much money there."

Harmless Error said...

Well that would indeed save me a bundle!

And Daisy - HAHA! I don't think I had a dry cleaner's that I went to in college.