Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Morning Sexiness

The setting: 9:45am at the corner market.

The purpose: milk, diet coke, matches, and a lemon (not to be used together)

The image: me, in my cloud-patterned pajamas, uggs, bright red ski jacket, and messy hair, shuffling around the store.

The event: while standing in front of the frozen foods, contemplating the necessity of chocolate cherry garcia fro-yo, I run into none other than Him. My high school crush. The boy about whom I had those first fuzzy images of picking out curtains with.

Eye contact is made, flashes of recognition overtake (and I'm of course secretly thrilled that he does in fact recognize me), and soon enough I find myself standing in the middle of the store chatting with the beautiful boy, now a beautiful man, about life, work, and all the rest. Sadly for me he's just visiting for the weekend.

It gets me thinking about who I was all those years ago (ten year reunion being a mere two years away), who I am now, and who I'll be in another few years.

This is the only thing I can come up with: I'll still be the girl/woman in pajamas with messy hair in the market on Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Douglas said...

why didnt you exchange email address, phone numbers or something? ? ?

you just let him slip away?

Harmless Error said...

We did exchange phone numbers.

And then he started talking about how great it was living with his girlfriend.

And a little part of me died.

-K- said...

Do people really go to the corner store in cloud-patterned pajamas?