Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dun dun.

Ya'll. I'm so excited. I came home bleary eyed and pissy with my mind racing a hundred miles an hour, and what do I find in my mailbox and posted on the lobby wall?

"Attention Residents: On Friday May 25, 2007 between 12pm and 4am, the 9th season of Law and Order: SVU will be filming outside of our building and in the surrounding area. Parking bans will be in effect beginning Thursday at 8am in order to allow NBC Universal crew vehicles to set up their equipment."

Ok, it sucks for people who have to move their cars, but who has a car in Manhattan? Stupid people, so I don't care. I've seen them filming downtown outside the courthouses (although those steps you always see McCoy & Co. walking down are the steps to federal court or state civil court because the Manhattan criminal court building is, let's just say, old). I don't know exactly how I'm gonna pull it off, but I WILL somehow interject myself into this event.

"I'm a criminal defense lawyer in case you need any technical advisors."

"Who wouldn't want this adorable pup on camera?"

"My place is right in there..."

Ok, not the last one, but something's gonna happen. I can feel it. This could be my big break. Why wouldn't they want a Winnie Cooper/Angie Harmon look-alike who's a real lawyer??

In other life-meets-TV happenings, I literally ran into three unbelievably attractive sailors (dressed in uniform) on my way out of my office building. I was, as noted above, pissy and fumbling with my bag, Ipod, and files, and hit one of them smack in the chest. He was oh-so-gracious and flirty and charming, but after a few minutes of chatting, they failed to invite me to a big Fleet Week party like they invited Carrie Bradshaw in the episode where she danced to that awesome Al Green version of Can't Get Next To You. Sigh. I'm hoping they didn't invite me because they were gay. They were definitely too pretty to be straight.

And now, after my requisite glass of wine, should I turn to my old friend Westlaw or watch the season finale of Lost? They'll both be there tomorrow. Although the judge's deadline won't have budged. A conundrum indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why wouldn't they want a Winnie Cooper/Angie Harmon look-alike who's a real lawyer??"

Marry me? :-)

Brunette said...

Mmmm...Fleet Week would be an awesome sight to see! Yum!

I hope you picked LOST instead of Westlaw.

Harmless Error said...

Fool, I'll meet you at the front of the aisle.

Of course I watched Lost. Which made today reallllly suck.