Saturday, September 15, 2007

Am I Really This Boring?

Well, yes. But it's actually kind of pleasant, so I don't mind.

Yesterday, I came home from work, spiffed up the apartment (what is it about Lemon Pledge that reminds me of Grandma?), gave Chloe a desperately needed bath, took a nice hot bath myself, ordered some Thai food, gabbed with an old friend while watching recorded episodes of Buffy, and crashed at 11 pm.

Today, I ran for an hour in Riverside Park, enjoying the crisp air and first falling leaves, cooked an awesome breakfast burrito (why do I always feel the need to list the meals?), will likely finish the pot of cinnamon spice coffee I brewed, and am watching Alias on Fox 5 even though I own all five seasons and have seen every episode multiple times.

Ahh, and here's a text message about going out plans for tonight. Sigh. I'm gonna go, because I need to keep up some semblance of being a social individual. But I find myself wishing for the Saturday nights I had way back when. Going to the movies, sleepovers, cookie cakes (kudos to those who know what I'm talking about) playing dumb games or making up dance routines in someone's awesome finished basement where we felt secluded and special, and no one whined about which bar they did or didn't want to go to because he or she might run into so and so and we can't have that now can we?

I'm an adult. I know. Damn it.

2 comments:

Zuska said...

I believe your memory is skewed.

No, you probably didn't fight over which bar to go to, but I bet at some point during the night, one of your friends made a comment - perhaps saying that another of your friends dances funny. And then one person started to cry, and another one started to "stick up for her friend" and then you all fought over who was who's best friend, and then you stayed up too late (say, 4 a.m.?) and you got even CRANKIER until you all passed out, and then woke up at 6:30.

At least now you're old enough to go home without calling your mom at 2 a.m. to come and get you.

Harmless Error said...

You're definitely right to some extent. I guess that part gets blocked out.

Zuska, can you email me the link to your new blog?