Sunday, January 27, 2008

I've Never Been so Relieved to Wake Up.

I had the worst most terrifying panic inducing dream I've had in quite a while last night. The last one was a few years ago when I had a dream that my sister died. I've also occasionally dreamed that Chloe died. And while those are incredibly awful, and I wake up and pull her close so I can make sure she's breathing, it's a different kind of awful. (Caveat: I know she's going on 15, but she's very healthy and spry, so I don't want to hear it, mmkay?)

So here was last night's dream.

I got fired. It was only a dream. It was only a dream. It was only a dream.

I flipped out during a deposition. Started yelling at everyone, crying, a real two year old temper tantrum. I can't really say for sure what sparked it. In the dream. It was only a dream.

Then I went outside and took a walk in Central Park (here's where I should have realized something was up - my office is not walking distance from the park and it was spring outside). When I gained my composure and went back inside, my boss was clearing out my office and I started crying "no no no no please please no i'm sorry please please no." My other boss came in, said, "it is what it is" with a shake of the head, and my entire life (and what I was about to lose) flashed in front of my eyes.

And then I woke up. I took a couple deep breaths, rubbed my eyes, and had a severe WTF moment.

I'm still shaken up. And in a couple hours, after brunch with a friend where I'll pick her brain as to what this means, I have to do work. And I'll do a really good job.

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

Seriously? I had nearly the same dream this weekend, and it freaked me the f$%# out. I honestly was stressing about coming in to work today because of it.

Only in my case, it went like this: I get told to come to a meeting with my supervisor, the head of the department, and me. They put up a powerpoint presentation about all of the things I am doing wrong (includes "spends to much surfing the web" *hm*), and tell me not only am I fired effective immediately, but they also will not be paying for me to move my stuff back home (I should explain that I am in-house in Japan), and that I should not expect a recommendation. I sit there crying trying to explain why I should not be fired to no avail.

Needless to say, I woke up in a Very Bad Mood. :)

Harmless Error said...

See? Absolutely terrifying.