Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My fever is down! Happy birthday to me!

I've been dying a slow and painful death the last few days with a nasty stomach flu. Scary hallucinatory dreams, hugging the toilet, the works.

But I went to work today, for all of a few hours.

Hence, my billable hours for February are pitiful. March is reallllly gonna suck to make up for it, although maybe I won't have to make up shit to do half the time because I'll be starting MY OWN TRIAL in a few weeks. Yes, people. The time has come. The thing is, although we all know there are now more female lawyers than male ones, the trial still unfortunately seems to be a man's arena. I shouldn't worry about this - clearly there are lots of things to worry about - so I'm just gonna have to be the one to break the mold, right?

I canceled birthday dinner plans because I still can't really eat anything. Saltines and gatorade it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew awesome people shared my birthday! I'm sorry that you're also sharing my sickness, though. Fucking winter.

Feel better! Happy birthday!

She says said...

You poor thing. I know your pain, but it's just cruel, cruel that this is how you spent your birthday.

Hope you feel better soon and get to celebrate your birthday in great style later.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hope you continue to feel better. Good luck with the trial. Just don't take a page out of Marcia Clark's book and wear crotchless panties.

blonde.counsel said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Happy Birthday!