Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Jury selection = a slightly racist* chess game

Or at least this is how is how the process sounds as described to me. Even though I really only have a rudimentary understanding of what I'll be doing tomorrow, I'm not overwhelmingly nervous, which is good. I had a few moments of impending doom and dread earlier today, but they passed. Now I'm simply resigned to my fate. You know, kinda like a prisoner heading to the executioner.

Whoah, a rush of dizziness just came over me. Maybe because I've eaten nothing all day but a cup of dry cheerios, a yogurt, a luna bar, and a couple hershey's kisses. I meant to eat lunch, but had a fucking deposition in the middle of the day and never got around to it because every other minute was taken up with trial prep.

So now I'm scarfing down leftover pasta and contemplating whether I should make some more notes for tomorrow or just give up and go to sleep.


*Note to future practitioners: always have "another" basis for striking someone just in case you're faced with a Batson challenge. Ahh, what a fantastic system we have.

No comments: