Monday, August 11, 2008

Because I'm Lazy.

10 things you didn't know about me:

1. I have a debilitating fear of the ocean. Seriously. It's big. And scary. And dark. The ocean at night? I would sooner commit murder than go near it.

2. I quit gymnastics when my sadistic coaches tried to make me do a back handspring on the high beam before I could really do it on the low beam. Visions of a split skull invaded my 7 year old brain, and I knew this wasn't for me.

3. One of my fondest memories of childhood is watching 20/20 "with Hugh Downs and Barbara Walters" with my grandmother on Friday nights before she passed away.

4. Sometimes, when I feel stress/worry/fear/anxiety overtaking my psyche, I hit play on one of my DVR'd episodes of ER (TNT, 10 and 11 am weekday mornings) or The X Files (SciFi, 2am and 4 pm weekdays) and watch while simultaneously reading along to that specific television without pity recap. It calms my mind and makes me smile. Yes, I'm a dork.

5. My first kiss was perfect. (And it's all been downhill since.)

6. My right thumb is about half an inch shorter than my left thumb. No, I never sucked my thumb. I think it's a sign of intelligence.

7. Unless we're talking about a month long monsoon, I generally prefer rainy/cloudy days to overtly bright and sunny ones.

8. I have never eaten a single bite of red meat. Ever.

9. My torts outline from 1L year is floating around on the internet, and I have no idea how that happened considering I was not an outline sharer.

10. I truly need 9 hours of sleep per night. I'm pretty sure I'm not meant for this world.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Do I know you from TWoP? God love TWoP. I hope Jessica will recap the new XF movie when it comes out on DVD. I miss the action figures!

Here's a confession for you: last weekend I blew my entire raise for the pay period (the first pay period it showed up in) on all the DVDs from The X Files that I didn't have (which was all save one).

Now I've freed up my tivo to record the Olympics obsessively.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I too need an inordinate amount of sleep & told BISMOW after this season of ER I want the entire series on DVD. And no, I don't care how much it costs, just get me my Clooney.

Melissa said...

I have the same happy memories of watching 20/20 with my mother on Friday nights. I wonder who else feels that way?

Anonymous said...

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. Never even a cheeseburger? Wow!

Harmless Error said...

Sarah - If I could quit my job and write full time for TWoP, I would.

Daisy - This year will be the last season of ER ( I want to say it's the 15th season but I'm not sure), and the producers are trying to get every significant cast member who left to come back for at least one episode. No word on the Cloon, of course. Considering Doug Ross didn't show up for Mark Greene's FUNERAL in 2002, I'm not optimistic. But how fucking AWESOME would it be if he did? Seriously, he wouldn't be where he is today without that show.

Melissa - I bet a lot of people feel that way. I just remember it used to be so cozy, right? Now John Stossel just makes me want to knock his teeth in.

Fool - my parents were big hippies. If I ever do decide to try red meat (which I probably won't), I'm not sure it would be a cheeseburger. People tell me to go for the steak.