Thursday, August 14, 2008

So. Freaking. Tired.

I'm definitely not eating enough. What seemed like 7 easy miles yesterday morning followed by a crazy day at work and barely any lunch plus working late resulted in leaden legs this morning for what was supposed to be the easy 4 mile run. Shit. This does not bode well for 15 on Saturday. I really have to pay more attention.

Also, everything just sort of aches. I may need to splurge for a massage.

Gymnastics final tonight in the all around competition. Does anyone else want to just give Alicia Sacramone a big hug? The fact that those girls (and Marta Karolyi, who you KNOW was doing the whole smile and hugging thing ONLY because the cameras were in her ugly mug of a face) were disappointed in the silver medal is, well, sad. However, I also think it's fucked up that no one is really questioning the Chinese girls' ages. I don't care what you say about ethnic differences in body types. A few of those girls are NOT 16 years old.

God. Are you ever so tired you want to cry? The fact that when my head hits the pillow I start thinking about motions I have to write does not help.

2 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Alicia was awesome. They all were. They won silver- that is not a "disappointing loss".....

Sarah said...

Chinese girls totally not 16. Some of them would be lucky to crack 12.

On the day before your long run (so Friday), try to drink plenty of water and, if you can stand it, gatorade. Watch your food intake to make sure you're eating good food not junk food (but for me, I have to go easy on the vegetables).

But yes, I am sometimes so tired I want to cry. Many times in fact.