Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughts on the eve of my 28th birthday.

I just found out that one of my best friends from college, whose wedding I traveled to in Austin, TX less than a year ago, is pregnant with her first child.

I am back to having my own office at the firm.

I am now officially the only one in my immediate circle of friends without a significant other.

I like my job maybe 50% of the time. And I put in a lot of time.

I have a wonderful slightly to very crazy family, and I'm lucky to have them.

There's something I really want to do, something I think I'd be really good at, but I have about a 1% chance of doing it.

I don't picture my wedding the way most girls picture theirs as they get older. I just picture being married.

I've been thinking of leaving New York. I just don't know where to go.

Sometimes I can picture myself being a judge. Sometimes I can't imagine practicing law for one more week let alone many, many more years.

Happy birthday to me. Here's to getting tipsy and kissing a cute boy.

Next up: Yes, ghosts really do live here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I wish you the kiss!

~ Zuska

Grace said...

Happy birthday!

I, too wish you the kiss.

come move to Chicago. It's nice here, when id doesn't suck balls.

Anonymous said...

And what would you do if that 1% ends up happening?